Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa Who?!!!?!?1?

Well, Marlee's first trip to visit Santa was a memorable one, that's for sure! Leading up to the trip, she was a little fussy, possibly a little sleepy. I should've known that meeting Santa wasn't going to go so great, but I was hopeful! We got to Town Center Mall with Jenn and Parker and surprisingly the wait wasn't too bad. We got there at a great time-right before all of the parents with school aged kids! 30 mintues later it was our turn! By that time, Marlee was happy and smiling and then.....as soon as she sat on Santa's lap, she took one look at him and his long white beard and did not like him very much! She cried and screamed and I heard an "AWWWWW" from the crowd! Poor Marlee or should I say poor Santa? Actually, Santa was great-he just sat there and smiled while Jenn and I tried to get her to crack a smile so the photographer could take some pictures, but no such luck!! I rescued her and then it was Parker's turn! He didn't think very much of Santa either! Then to top it off, Jenn and I thought it would be funny to get both Parker and Marlee's picture with Santa!! The both cried and cried! Oh well!! Maybe next year they will be more pleasant to Santa! Let's just hope that Marlee won't recieve any coal in her stocking! (I doubt she will! ) :-)

1 comment:

Summer Pendley said...

Sam,

I love it! You know, when we took Noah at 18 months, he was all smiley and fine while standing in line...BUT! As soon as he was handed over the Santa, it was as if someone pinched him or something b/c he SCREAMED! Then, the next year, he was fine! So...you just never know, but it's still a good memory! :)