Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflecting back on 2008

The phrase "Time Flies By" is a phrase I have been saying all year long. I've thought years past have gone by pretty fast, but I really think that this year has literally flown by. There have been so many exciting events that have taken place this year not only for our family, but for our friends too! I thought that I'd go month by month and just jot down a few things that come to mind that have been significant in our lives!
January-8th: Courtney Linn Majors was born!
February-still waiting for Marlee's arrival
March-I turned 28
April-16th:Marlee Grace was born at 4:30am joining our family! (11 days early)
May-Kendall graduated from Kennesaw State with his Masters in Educational Leadership
June-I officially finished teaching at North Cobb Christian School
July-Kendall and James turned 30, a trip up to Michigan for our good friends Nate and Alissa's wedding
August-Kendall gets a new job as an Area Lead Teacher (ALT) in Cobb County, good friend Parker Riese turns 1 (on the 20th)
September-Marlee's first ear infection
October-Marlee visited the Due West Pumpkin Patch a couple times and also celebrated her first
Halloween by dressing up as a Hunny Pot
November-Marlee's first Thanksgiving-spent with my parents in Huntsville the weekend before and with Kendall's family on Thanksgiving day, Marlee really starts crawling right after Thanksgiving
December-Marlee's first Christmas!

As I look over some of the things that have gone on this year, one word comes to mind: Blessed. I feel blessed beyond measure. Blessed to be Marlee's mommy and Kendall's wife, blessed to be an aunt to Courtney, blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom, blessed to have a husband who supports me in this new role, and blessed that God has placed Marlee in our care and that she is a healthy, beautiful, smart, and loving child. I could go on and on, but I really do feel blessed!
In 2009, my resolution is more that I hope to enjoy each and every moment with Marlee. So many people tell us to enjoy our time with her because before we know it she will be graduating highschool and going off to college! Even though I have spent every day with Marlee, I can't believe she's already 8 months old. I hope that I never take her for granted or the time we have with her for granted.
I pray that 2008 was a good year for you, but that 2009 brings much joy, happiness, and peace!

Click to play Memories from 2008
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: